1st and 2nd Floor - Entrance Halls and Stairs


























This is the actual front door to the house. Originally, there was a transom window above the door. Outside the door is the front porch which used to have a balcony over it, but it was removed and a pitched roof was built in its place. For some reason they built it low and it enclosed the transom window.  

I really do love wooden spindles, the more twists the better. I had no idea how hard they were to paint. The people before us clearly did, because they painted the ones on the lowerstairs and quit when they got to the top. This left the landing with the spindles all black.

In my typical, I have no idea what I am talking about fashion, thought I could paint them in a couple of hours. I really wanted them done before my son and his girlfriend came to see the house for the first time.  At 3 in the morning I gave up with 2 more to do. I finished them the next day. At least I thought I did. When I walked down the stairs and looked up, I noticed more than a few places where I touched the white paint to the underside of the black railing. Crap. Now I had to go find a little brush to fix the black. Apparently I was not very sure handed with the black, so I had to go back and fix the white. I repeated this pattern a few times. Somewhere along the way I decided maybe no one will look up.

Since I had already touched the floor with the white paint, it seemed like an excellent time to paint it black.




Before, Black Railings and Red Floor

















With the All Black Spindles and Red Floor
  With the All White Spindles and Black Floor




No comments:

Post a Comment