2nd Floor - The Pink Bedroom




We inherited the color of this room. I liked the pale pink. It was the only room in the house we didn't repaint. We did fix the trim and finished inside the big closet.  This room is sunny all day long and the room glows. I told my college age daughter this was her room. She knew and I pretended not to know, that college kids don't come back home as kids. She visits as an adult, but does not call this her bedroom and I don't think it was because of the pink.




My ex-husband and I made this stained glass window years ago to fit in a window of my first house, a 1950s ranch style. Carlos Delgado, a talented illustrator I worked with at that time, painted her face and hands.  Since then she lived for awhile in my sister's house and then came home to watch over my daughter's nursery. When my daughter wanted a teenage room our glass window went into storage. (Apparently hot pink and neon orange walls do not belong with stained glass!) But now she is at home in the kind of house she belongs in. 
One of my paintings above the bed.


Before Picture


No comments:

Post a Comment