Outside of the House - New Color




When my daughter was little she loved Alice in Wonderland. When she painted, she sang, "I'm painting the roses red, I'm painting the roses red," over and over. Someone says paint and I automatically start singing that song in my head.

The summer flew by and it started getting cooler and I was worried that they wouldn't finish the work on the house in time for it to get painted (I'm painting the roses red).  But they did. We had tried a few colors on the back of the house. Our contractor asked if the first one we tried was what we were going to go with. I said no, it's too bright. He said if we did paint it that color, we could add some spots to it and it would look like a clown house. Yikes.

These were some of the colors we were trying,
not necessarily together. 















So we picked 3 shades of slate blue, white and a Rueben red.  I took photos of all sides of the house and in Photoshop I played with the color combinations. I had intended to use them just for myself, but my contractor saw them and said it would save them time by using them as guides. So I taped them everywhere.






After the body paint was going up three different people stopped the painters and said they liked the brown better. The brown just made me want to drink Hershey's Chocolate milk. Besides, I like the blue.










































No comments:

Post a Comment